Grape wine is a popular wine around the world.It is one of the tasty wine.A Christmas is not completed without the traditional wine.This is one of the simple wine recipe which can easily prepare at home with less ingredients.
- Grapes-1kg, black or purple(with seed or seedless)
- Wheat kernels-a handful(crushed)
- Yeast-2tsp(I used DCL active dry yeast)
- Egg white-from one egg,beaten
- Cinnamon stick-2 pieces
- Cloves-7-9 nos
- Water-500ml(boiled and cooled completely)
- Get an earthenware,Bharani or glass jar/ceramic jar thoroughly washed and dried.
- Wash the grapes well and separate grapes from its stalks and pat dry well.Crush the grapes with your clean hands.
- Add all the other ingredients along with crushed grapes to the Bharani or glass jar and close with the lid.Place a large piece of cloth on top of the lid and tie it airtight.Store it in a dark place.
- For the next 14 days,open the Bharani or big glass jar/container everyday and stir well with a wooden spoon.Try to do it at the same time everyday.
- On the 14th day,strain the grape mixture using a strainer or a muslin cloth and transfer the liquid to another glass jar/Bharani.You will notice sediments at the bottom of the jar after 2-3 days.Strain this again using a strainer and pour it into clean dry dark wine bottles or glass bottles.Keep it for another 2-3 weeks.
- As the days go by you might notice some sediments at the bottom of the bottle too.So while pouring be careful not to disturb the clouded sediments settled at the bottom.
- Always use the best grapes for making wine...Do not use over ripe or under ripe grapes...There should not be any water on it or the wine will become sour.
- The color of the wine depends a lot on the grapes you use.Please keep in mind that it is the skin of the grapes that decides the color of the wine.
- Use a big Bharani or an airtight glass jar that can hold at least more than twice the quantity of water.
- It is advisable to use a new wooden spoon for stirring the wine.Stir at least 3-5 minutes daily.
- Use good quality Yeast in the wine.