Today I am glad to share another recipe with all my friends.It has been 3 months since I update my blog.Many blogger friends have been asking why I am not updating my blog.I have been very busy with my vacation in Kerala.
I have learned so many new recipes during these days in Kerala. I tried this dish for the first time.There are a couple of versions of Dahi Baingan one of which is this particular recipe that I noted in my recipe files.A creamy style sabji that makes for a lovely side dish with roti's(chapathi).It goes well with steamed rice too. I am sure you all will love this dish with a new flavor.
I have made this dish for this month's Potluck Party-Cyber Style hosted by jagruti.
Here is the recipe....
- Brinjal-5,medium size
- Turmeric powder-a couple of pinches
- Cumin seeds-1/2tsp
- Onion-2, finely chopped
- Green chilly-3, finely chopped
- Chilly powder-2tsp
- Tomato-2, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves-1/4cup, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil-as required
- Wash brinjal and cut them into medium size cubes.
- Marinate these pieces in turmeric powder and salt.
- Keep aside for atleast 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the marinated brinjal.
- Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.Splutter cumin seeds.
- Add chopped onion and saute for 4-5 minutes.Saute till it turns light golden brown colour.Add green chillies into this and saute again for few minutes.
- Add tomato pieces into this and saute well.Add salt,saute again.
- Now add chilly powder and turmeric powder into this and saute till the oil separates from it.
- Now add the fried brinjal pieces into this and mix it well.
- Transfer this into a bowl and add yoghurt.Mix it well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Sending this recipe to jagruti's Potluck Party-Cyber Style