Here goes the recipe....just try it out..
|Clams Roast/ Kakka Erachi Ularthiyathu/|
- Kakka Erachi / Clams-1/2kg
- Grated coconut-1/4cup
- Dry red chilly-7-9
- Turmeric powder-a couple pf pinches
- Coriander powder-2tsp
- Black peppercorns (crushed)-2tbs
- Curry leaves-2sprigs
- Salt to taste
- Coconut Oil-2tbsp
- Water-as required
- Wash and rinse clams thoroughly three to four times so that there will not be traces of dirt and sand.Finally squeeze the clams to remove water.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, boil 5-7 cups of water and add clams to it.Let it boil on a medium flame for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the boiled clams in cold water and drain it well.Keep aside.
- Coarsely grind dry red chillies, garlic and grated coconut in a mixie or food processor.
- Heat oil in a pan and add coriander powder, turmeric powder and curry leaves.Add the cooked kakka erachi/ clam meat to this
- Add coarsely grind coconut mix to this.Add salt and combine well.
- Add crushed pepper to this.Mix well and cook covered on a low heat for 5minutes.
- After 5 minutes open the lid and stir fry for 15-20 minutes on a low flame.
- Add 1 tsp crushed pepper again and add some more curry leaves to it.
- Do not squeeze out the inner part of the clam meat.
- Add coconut oil as needed and saute in between to make the mix dry.
- Do not use ginger and garam masala for this recipe.
Serve warm along with Rice,Chapathi,Palappam &Enjoy. ....