Today the members of the Potluck Party are again celebrating a cyber potluck party at their space.This event is hosted by Jagruti in her blog Jagruti's Cooking Odyssey.
I have made a dessert for this party.This dessert is prepared from mangoes and it is an excellent dessert for all.
I can assure you that if you are a mangoes fan you will definitely will enjoy my dessert.
- Ripe mangoes-2,large
- Jaggery -150gm(depends on the sweetness of mangoes)
- Coconut milk(thin)-3/4cup
- Coconut milk(thick)-1/2cup
- Dry ginger powder-1/2-1tsp
- Salt-a pinch
- Cardamom-3-5,crushed with 1/2tsp sugar
- Cashew nuts-a handful
- Raisins-a handful
- Ghee-as required
- Coconut pieces-5tbsp,small slices
- Wash and peel the mangoes.Cut into small pieces and pureed in a blender.
- Melt jaggery with enough water and cook until it gets well dissolved.Switch off the heat.Strain this jaggery syrup to remove the dust and use.
- Now add the mango pulp to a heavy bottomed pan.Add jaggery syrup to this mango pulp.Stir well.Add 1tbsp of ghee to this and cook in low flame,stirring continuously.
- Cook until it reaches a thick consistency.Now add dry ginger powder and mix well.Stir for a few seconds.
- Now add thin coconut milk slowly while stirring.Add a pinch of salt to adjust the sweetnes.Cook till it reaches a thick consistency.
- Now add thick coconut milk along with cardamom powder.
- Do not allow it to boil after adding thick coconut milk,otherwise it will curdle.Remove from heat.
- Heat ghee in a pan.Add the coconut pieces and fry until golden brown.Drain on to a paper towel.
- Fry the cashew nuts and raisins also.Pour the fried items over the payasam and mix well.Close the lid for at least 10 minutes.
- It is better to serve cool than hot.
- Select the mangoes which has more juice and without any fiber.
- Try to use very less Ghee.If you add more ghee,the taste of mango will be less.
- Chop the coconut into very thin small pieces.
I am linking this to Potluck Party Cyber Style