- French beans-1cup,1/2''pieces
- Shallots/small onion-5-8,crushed
- Garlic-1-2 cloves,crushed with a mortar and pestle
- Green chillies-2,slit
- Coconut slices-a handful(optional)
- Red chilly flakes-2tsp
- Curry leaves-a sprig
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil/cooking oil-as required
- Wash beans thoroughly in cold water and cut the edges.Chop it diagonally into 1/2'' pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan,add the crushed small onion,garlic,green chillies,curry leaves and saute till it turns to lightly brown colour.
- Add coconut slices and red chilly flakes and saute for few minutes.
- Add the chopped beans and mix well.
- Sprinkle water,cover and cook on low flame until the beans are cooked and all the water is absorbed.
- Open the lid and stir fry for few minutes till it turns slightly brown colour.
Serve with piping hot Rice and Gooseberry Pickle.