|PANEER VEG PIZZA|
I have recently joined the Home Bakers Challenge,a monthly baking event for blogger and non bloggers hosted by Priya from Priya's Versatile Recipes and some of her blogger friends.We can learn baking techniques from other members.Every month one of the team members select a recipe and all the members have to bake it and reveal it on the said date.
This months baking challenge Divya picked pizza and given us four pizza recipes with different sauces.I chose pizza base from Martha Stewart's recipe.I tried home made sauce with some Indian spices to get an Indian flavour.
Recipe for Pizza Sauce:
- 2 tomatoes-blanched,skin removed,chopped
- 2 tomatoes-pureed
- half capsicum-finely chopped
- salt to taste
- fennel seeds powder-1/2tsp
- pepper powder-1/2tsp
- dry basil-1/2tsp
- Olive oil-1tbsp
|PANEER VEG PIZZA|
- Blanch the tomatoes and removed the skin.Chop half of the tomatoes into small pieces and half of them are pureed.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.Add chopped garlic and saute a while.Add capsicum pieces and saute for few minutes.
- Add sugar and salt.Mix well.Add fennel seeds powder.
- Add dried oregano and basil.Mix well.Cook for 10 more minutes or till it reaches the right consistency .
- Sprinkle pepper powder and switch off heat.
- Allow to cool.Grind the mixture and make a fine paste.
For Pizza Base:
- warm water-1/4cup
- active dry yeast-3/4tsp
- semolina or coarse grain corn meal or corn flour-for dusting
- all purpose flour(maida)-1cup
- salt to taste
- olive oil or ghee -1tbsp
- pizza sauce
- paneer cubes-7-10 cubes
- garam masala powder-1/2tsp
- chilly flakes
- coriander leaves
- cheese(any kind of cheese)-preferably mozarrella and Parmesan
- Dissolve sugar in luke warm water and yeast.stir well and cover and keep it aside for 10 minutes till it becomes frothy.
- Combine flour and salt in a mixing bowl.Add the yeast mixture and knead.
- Add olive oil or ghee.Add milk and knead to make a smooth dough.
- Brush the inside of the bowl with oil and place the dough in the bowl,smooth side up.
- Keep covered with a wet cloth for 2 hours.The dough would have acquired double the size after the time.
- Punch down the dough to remove air and roll it out to make 1cm thick pizza base.I spread the dough with my fingers leaving the edge around a little thicker,about a half inch wide.Do not press the dough all the way to the edges.
- You can prick the base with fork to make sure of getting cooked everywhere.
- Arrange the pizza dough into a circle on top of the cornmeal dusted peel.
- Spread the sauce over the dough leaving the raised edge uncovered.Sprinkle the toppings in the list in that order ending it up with cheese toppings.
- Preheat the oven to 210 deg C.Bake the pizza for about 10-15 minutes or until the cheese melts and the pizza base turns golden brown.
- Check the pizza often to make sure it doesn't overcook or burn.
- Remove from the oven.
- Cut the pizza with pizza cutter/knife and make wedges and Enjoy hot,spicy and yummy pizza.
|PANEER VEG PIZZA WITH HOMEMADE SAUCE|
I started baking recently only and really enjoyed the baking a lot now,so even if you are a beginner,or new to baking,please do not hesitate to try this one.Its very easy,easier than to our day to day cooking.....Thank you so much Priya and Divya for this Home Baker's challenge.
- Any toppings can be used.
- You can replace all purpose flour with wheat flour.
- Make thin pizza base instead of thick one.
- You can replace ordinary cheese with mozeralla and Parmesan.
- I used my nonstick pan to get the round shape.You can even use the pizza tray.