Today I baked Monkey bread with Italian herbs for the Potluck party event hosted byJagruti's Cooking Odyssey.
I made Monkey Bread referring post from Archana of "Tangy Minds". She brought An Italian Spiced Herbs Monkey Bread to the party.Archana's pictures were so tempting and bread looked delicious. This was something very new to me and hadn't tried it before .....when done, the bread came out very well .. like it to the core , my hubby too liked it very much ...hence forth plan to make it quiet often. Archana,Thank you so much for sharing this dish with us!!!
In "Potluck party, cyber style" event, we members post their own favorite dish in the first part(on 10th of every month), latter have to cook and post the dish posted by person with whom you are paired with, in the second part(on 28th of every month). Since we all are living in different parts of the world, we get a chance to know about cuisines of various regions .So this potluck party gives us a golden opportunity to cook and taste different regions cuisines.
Here is the Recipe for Monkey Bread
For the dough
- All purpose flour-1.5cups
- 1/2cup Milk plus Luke warm milk-10tbsp
- Unsalted butter-3tbsp
- White/black sesame seeds-1/2tsp
- Garlic minced-1tsp
- Add the yeast to the luke warm milk with sugar,keep aside for few minutes until the yeast turns foamy.
- Sieve the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Now pour the risen yeast to the flour and salt containing bowl.Add a beaten egg also.Knead everything by using your hands or electric mixer.Knead well the dough for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the dough into a greased bowl and cover it with wet towel.Allow it to rise for about 2 hours or till it rises.
- Scrape out dough into the working surface.Lightly butter hands,divide the dough into equal portions.
- Take each ball of dough,pinch and seal the underside so that each ball becomes smooth on top.
- Now take each ball and dip it in the melted butter.Place them in the greased baking pan/bundt pan.I used around 9'' round nonstick baking pan.
- Leave some place in between each balls while keeping into the pan.The dough will rise again.Cover the pan with wet towel and keep this in a warm place for an hour until they double the volume.
- Prepare the herbs under the ingredient as given.Mix well.
- Beat an egg white and brush this on top of the balls gently.Put already prepared herbs mixture on each ball generously.
- Bake it in a preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes at 180 degree celsius or 350 degree F.After it is done,take it out from the oven.
- Brush the hot monkey bread with the extra melted butter.Take care not to brush the herbs and seeds off.
- Allow to cool.
Serve the warm bread along with your favourite choice of pasta or soup......
Linking this dish to Potluck Party, Cyber Style.....