Have you ever tried pumpkin chutney?If your answer is no,then I would strongly recommend you to try this chutney.Try this easy and delicious chutney and enjoy the health benefits of pumpkin.It's low in calories and full of beta carotene.While buying pumpkin,choose pumpkin which is light yellow in colour.
- Grated coconut-5-10tbsp
- Dry red chilly-3-5(As per tolerance)
- Shallots/small onions-2-4
- Urad dal/uzunnu parippu/split black gram-1tbsp
- Curry Leaves-a sprig
- Tamarind-a small piece
- Salt-to taste
- peel the skin and chop it.Wash well.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute diced pumpkin along with small onions till soft.keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add urad dal,red chillies and saute till dal turns golden brown.
- Grind this along with coconut,tamarind, curry leaves,salt and cooked pumpkin and shallots.
- Mix well and adjust salt.