Palak Paneer is a traditional North Indian delicacy and is the integral part of the Punjabi cuisine.It is also one of my favorite dishes.This greens based vegetarian dish is a rich, smooth and creamy curry where paneer cubes are cooked in an onion-tomato -spinach gravy which is moderately spiced with Indian spices.
- paneer cubes-200 gm
- palak- 1 bunch
- cuminseeds-1 tsp
- onion finely chopped-1 big size
- tomato- 2
- green chilly chopped-4-5
- garlic crushed-3-5 cloves
- coriander powder-1tsp
- turmeric powder-1/4tsp
- kasoori methi-1/2 tsp
- lemon juice-1tbsp
- salt to taste
- Clean &wash spinach and remove the stem part from the leaf.
- Boil water in a pot and add spinach leaves into this and stir.take out spinach leaves after 2 minutes and immediately immersed it in cold water.drain it in a colander.Make a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan,add cumin seeds,garlic,chopped green chillies and saute well.Add chopped onion and fry it thoroughly till it turns golden brown.
- Then add turmeric and coriander powder and give it a quick stir in low flame.
- Add tomatoes and salt and saute till it cooks well.when it turns mushy,add the ground palak paste,fry it in low flame for 4-5 minutes till the raw smell disappears and the palak gets cooked well.
- Meanwhile shallow fry paneer cubes and put it in hot salty water for 5 minutes.Add a pinch of turmeric to this.
- Drain the paneer and add it to palak gravy and bring to boil for few minutes.Add lemon juice,kasoori methi and mix it well.
- Transfer this to a serving bowl.
Serve with hot chapathi(Indian bread),Naan or Paratha.