Vegetable cutlets are easy to prepare and I'm sure this is the best way to make kids eat veggies.This cutlets can be fried or baked.This cutlets can be served with chutneys or ketchups.These are great as an appetizer, afternoon snack with tea or as a side dish with lunch also.I got this recipe from my mother in law and it's for you...
- potato -3 medium sized
- mixed vegetables -1cup(I used carrots,peas and beans)
- onion-1 finely chopped
- ginger- 1tsp minced
- garlic pods-2
- green chilly- 3-5 chopped finely
- red chilly powder -1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
- garam masala powder- 1/2tsp
- coriander leaves,chopped -2tbsp
- curry leaves -1 sprig
- bread crumbs - 1/2cup
- maida/all purpose flour- 1tbsp
- water-as required to mix the maida
- egg white -1
- Lemon juice -1tbsp
- oil - as required for deep frying/shallow frying
- Boil the potatoes,peel the skin and mash it .Keep it aside.
- Steam the vegetables in a steamer,till it becomes soft.
- Heat 2tsp oil in a pan.Then add minced ginger,green chillies and saute.
- Then add onion,saute till it becomes translucent.
- Add turmeric powder,garam masala,red chilly powder and saute for a while. Then add cooked vegetables and mashed potato. Add salt, chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves into it.Mix it well.
- There should be no water in this mixture.Add lemon juice also.
- Allow the mixture to cool for sometime and make equal sized balls and roll them into oval or round shape by pressing it with your fingers.
- Mix maida with water and make a thin paste or beat the egg white with a fork in a separate bowl.Dip the shaped cutlets in either of this and roll them in bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Once oil becomes hot, drop the cutlets slowly into the oil.Fry it in a medium flame till it becomes golden brown.
- You can use frozen veggies instead of fresh vegetables.
- You can shallow fry it also.
Serve hot with mint coconut chutney or with tomato ketchup and Enjoy the dish!!!