Beetroot and beet leaves are healthy.But most of the people doesn't like it. This is one of the side dishes served in a traditional Kerala feast(sadya).This recipe is simple and easy to cook.
Here goes the recipe
- Beetroot-half (cut into small pieces)
- Turmeric powder-a pinch
- Salt -to taste
- coconut-half cup(grated)
- small onion-2
- mustard seeds-half tsp(crushed)
- curd-2 tsp
- oil- as required
- mustard seeds-half tsp
- curry leaves-a sprig
- dry red chilly-2,halved
- Cook beetroot pieces with turmeric powder,salt and just enough water till it is done.
- Grind the ingredients with curd to a very fine paste without adding water.
- Crush the mustard seeds in a mortar and pestle and add it to the cooked beetroot pieces.
- Add the coconut paste to beetroot pieces.mix well.do not boil.Switch off.Remove from fire.
- Add 3-5tsp yoghurt to this.mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan,splutter mustard seeds.Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and stir for few seconds,pour it over the pachadi and mix well.