- Wheat flour/Atta -1cup
- spinach(palak)- 1/2 bunch
- Carom seeds(ajwain)- 1/2tsp
- salt to taste
- Milk-to knead the dough
- Ghee-as required
- Wash the spinach leaves and drain.Make a puree in a blender and keep aside.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the flour and mix them well.Later add palak paste to it and mix well.
- Use milk and water to knead the dough till you gets a soft dough.cover and leave the dough aside for 20-25 minutes.
- Knead again and divide the dough into equalparts.Shape each into a ball.Flatten a little.
- Dust some flour on the rolling surface and roll out each flattened ball to a circle of about 4-5'' diameter.
- Add 1/2tsp of ghee and spread it evenly.Sprinkle little flour on it.
- Use a knife and cut 3 inches from the center of the paratha to one end of the rolled out paratha.Take the cut end of the paratha and roll it towards the other end of the paratha(See the picture above).
- Press it lightly with your palm.Dust the surface and roll out a thick paratha.Prepare with the rest of the dough too.
- Heat a tawa on high flame.Place paratha on it.Cook on both sides till brown spots appear and it is cooked.Drizzle ghee on both sides.