- Fenugreek/Methi Leaves-1 bunch
- Bengal gram split/Chana dal-1/4 cup
- Coconut grated-1/4 cup
- Green chilly-2
- Small onion/Shallots-5-7
- Garlic-1 clove
- Dry red chilly-2
- Turmeric powder-a couple of pinches
- Curry leaves-1sprig
- Salt to taste
- Oil-as required
- Wash fenugreek leaves and chop finely.
- Cook Dal/lentil with enough salt and water.Do not overcook it.
- Grind coconut,green chillies,1or 2 small onions,garlic and a few curry leaves into a coarse paste.keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.Splutter mustard seeds.Add red chillies,curry leaves and finely chopped small onions.Saute well,add turmeric powder and stir for a minute.
- Now add chopped fenugreek/methi leaves and stir for 2 mins.Close the lid for 1-2 mins.Open it and add ground coconut mixture,salt and mix well.Add cooked lentil to this and saute till all the water content evaporates from it.
Serve hot with Rice and pulissery or rasam.